I set out to spend some time building up a framework of tidy code this week, and to make a very simple game. Phoebe suggested a a game where a frog has to do some maths – so thats what you got.
I got the basics together that let me split the game into multiple screens pretty quickly (so the user doesn’t need to refresh the browser to start again), but I had no game at all at 5pm on Friday. It’s now 8pm on Saturday and I’ve spent quite a few hours discovering that most of my new layout code is incompatible with most of my old game code. Several hours of head scratching and I have the frog game complete.
New this week:
- First use of PhaserJS Tweens (they’re pretty neat).
- Sounds – music and effects (I literally flicked a ruler to get the jumping noise).
- The use of game states to structure the app.
- Added some new JS to aid full screen support for desktop.
Just tap the lillypad with the right answer to move forward – the sums get harder as you go.
P.S. if you ‘follow’ the blog you will be emailed when the next game is ready.